I am always searching for recipes that I can make Whole30 compliant for myself and non compliant for the rest of the family if needed. This recipe is just that! This Creamy Chicken Chili Soup is hearty, flavorful, and delicious! Made with wholesome ingredients it makes for the perfect healthy comfort meal.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you.
Creamy Chicken Chili Soup (With Crock Pot Option)
- Crock pot
- Large stock pot
- 1 1/2 lbs Boneless skinless chicken breast You may sub boneless skinless thighs
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil I always use
- 2 Jalapeno peppers, remove seeds and dice I always wear gloves to dice my peppers. If you have any little cut or sensitive spot on your hands the heat from the pepper can irritate the skin more.
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Celery sticks, chopped
- 1 Yellow or sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Ground cumin
- 2 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Ground coriander
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/8 tbsp Ground black pepper
- 4 Cups Water
- 4 oz can Diced green chilies Be sure to always read the label to make sure it is Whole30 compliant.
- 14 oz can Full fat coconut milk I always use Trader Joe's Organic coconut milk. Be sure to always read the label to make sure it is Whole30 compliant.
- In a crock pot add chicken breast, lightly sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cumin. Cover with 4 cups water and 1 of the 2 jalapenos. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, Heat avocado oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add onion, celery, garlic, and jalapeños and cook stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken from the crock pot, shred with two forks. Add cumin, chili powder, coriander, oregano, sea salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add the broth from the crock pot, diced green chilies (make sure to drain them), and let the soup come to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium low, and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add in coconut milk, fat and all.
- Let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Take off heat and serve topped with your favorite garnish. I always garnish with avocado.