This simple and delicious recipe adds flavor and spice to your weekly meal plan. Whole30 compliant, paleo, and a better for you version of your favorite take out.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
- Large skillet or wok
- Immersion blender or whisk
- Large bowl or zipplock
- Knife, cutting board
- Wooden spoon
- 2 lbs Boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" chunks
- 2 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 Cup Coconut aminos
- 3 Tbsp Whole30 compliant ketchup I use Primal Kitchen
- 3 Tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 Clove Minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp Arrowroot flour, divided
- 1/2 Tsp Chinese five spice
- 1/2 Tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1/4 Tsp pepper, or to taste
- 1 Cup Cashews, roasted. Check your label
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Whole Zucchini, chopped
- 1 Can Bean sprouts, drained
- 1 Can Bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 Can Water chestnuts, drained
- In a large measuring cup, combine 1 tbsp sesame oil, coconut aminos, ketchup, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, five spice, red pepper flakes, water and half the arrowroot flour. I use my immersion blender to mix the sauce together, if you don't have one a whisk will do.
- In a large zipplock bag or large bowl, combine chicken chunks with 1 tbsp arrowroot flour, salt and pepper. Shake/mix well.
- In a large skillet or wok, add 1 tbsp sesame oil to the pan, then add the coated chicken. Pan sear the chicken 3-4 minutes over medium/low heat stirring occasionally. Add zucchini and cook additional 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and add the sauce mixture, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts, cover and let cook 2 minutes.
- Add cashews right before serving.
- If whole30 or paleo, serve over cauliflower rice or steamed broccoli.